I know that we are already 5 months into the year, making this blog post a little late. But I still can’t seem to get it into my head that we are in 2016. Nothing really exciting has happened to me recently, but it has been a really big year for me as a person already. I’ve learnt a lot about myself which I didn’t know before and I am so excited for the rest of the year, including starting my second year of university this coming September. I think any student in first year really changes as a person and I’m just glad I have changed in the way that I have. Here’s a list of what I have learnt so far:
- Overthinking is pointless. We all do it. Try not too.
- You don’t need toxic people in your life, without them you’ll feel so much better.
- Say no to things you don’t want to do, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want too.
- Alternatively, say yes to things you want to do but feel scared to try.
- A cup of tea or coffee solves many problems.
- Getting a good nights sleep and waking up early is the best feeling ever.
- Be passionate about the degree that you’ve chosen to study.
- Reading a book and journalling is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
- And painting…
- Never stop learning new things.
- Equally, never stop asking questions either.
- Laughter is the best medicine in the world.
- Be yourself and the person who you want to be, not anyone else.
- Treasure time with friends and family.
- Smile often.