I know I haven’t posted very much in a while and I am incredibly sorry for that. I’ve just had a massive rush of essays, work and life getting in the way. I’m finding it very hard this year to balance all three. As well as having some money in the bank especially at Christmas (I am finding having an overdraft very handy).
Even though it isn’t the end of the year I felt like this post was needed. So here goes five important things I’ve learnt this semester:
- People change. I’ve found that people who I was close to last year, I’m not this year. Mainly because they’ve changed to much that they are no longer themselves. And, I’ve come to realise that isn’t my fault however sad. And it’s also just life.
- Life is stressful but it will okay. I think during first year I was way more money smart and way more productive and motivated in doing my essays. I don’t really cope well under stress either but the fact that I know that ‘it will all pass’ , gets me through many days. I’ve also made a note to self to be more money wise ASAP.
- It’s okay to be alone. Right, I don’t mean locking yourself in your bedroom away from the world. I mean, you don’t need to have a partner in your life to be happy. So many girls (it’s mostly girls I talk to about this) are so scared of being alone that they attach themselves to the next available guy. You can be single. It’s also good to be, so don’t be afraid.
- Speak your mind. I used to keep most of my inner feelings to myself and I still do. But if you want to say something then say it. Life is too short to be thinking of the what ifs.
- Take leaps. Do something that you wouldn’t normally do. I’ve joined a society that I wanted to last year but never did and I’m glad I did. So, take jumps, leaps and bounds. You might be surprised.
If you have any questions or would like to contact me please email me at email@example.com or leave a comment below.